Accounts Receivable Clerk
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Position: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Location: Portland, ME
Employment Type: Full-time
Join Oakhurst Dairy's exciting and growing team!
It's time to join New England's foremost dairy company with a 96-year history of leadership in the industry. Delivering the "Natural Goodness of Maine" since 1921, Oakhurst Dairy is a company you can be proud to work for. Located in Portland, Maine, our company is one of New England's key employers offering:
* Local management
* Excellent compensation and benefits and
* Pride in the product you will represent
It's about more than milk -- it's our heartfelt pledge to people throughout New England to honor what Maine stands for -- by offering the purist, freshest, most delicious products, while standing up for what's right, for our customers, for farmers, and for the environment. All of our milk is sourced from local farms in Maine and our facilities meet the highest quality-control standards. We produce fresh wholesome milk and dairy products which are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
In 2014 Oakhurst was acquired by Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a national dairy farmer-owned cooperative. Oakhurst is a wholly owned subsidiary of DFA and continues to operate independently.
Accounts Receivable Clerk: Process all aspects of accounts receivable, including daily accounting, recording of accounts receivable, cash application, reconciling customer accounts, preparing of customer statements, analyzing remittance information to apply customer payments accurately, and making collection calls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensures timely and accurate processing of invoices, reviewing paperwork, processing adjustments, and posting manual invoices to customer accounts.
- Applies daily cash that is received by ACH and other means to customer accounts, utilizing Great Plains.
- Processes remittance information and reviews instructions accompanying items to determine proper payment application to reconcile customer accounts accordingly.
- Prepares weekly and monthly customer statements.
- Prepares weekly credit card processing for customer accounts and weekly billing discount reports.
- Initiates communication with internal and external accounting personnel to resolve customer account issues and discrepancies.
- Investigates and performs collection calls for delinquent accounts.
- Distributes disputed payment information and supporting detail to appropriate personnel.
- Prepares payment remittance detail and check copies for scanning into our archive storage database.
- Monitors, processes, and eliminates appropriate chargebacks and unapplied cash from customer accounts.
- Keeps supervisor informed of activities that may require his/her attention.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to demonstrate professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, intermediate Excel skills
- Reliable and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, organizational skills, initiative, and follow up
- Team player
- Cash application experience
- Proficient 10-key skills
- Ability to research and resolve problems
Some of the benefits that our full-time employees enjoy include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with employer contributions
- Paid Life Insurance
- 8 paid holidays plus personal time
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time
- Educational reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness membership reimbursement
Please submit your resume online. If you have questions about the position or would like to speak to someone at Oakhurst prior to submitting your application, you may email email@example.com or call 207-772-7468.