Position: Accounting Supervisor
Location: Portland, ME
Employment Type: Full-time
Join Oakhurst Dairy's exciting and growing team!
It's time to join New England's foremost dairy company with a 96-year history of leadership in the industry. Delivering the "Natural Goodness of Maine" since 1921, Oakhurst Dairy is a company you can be proud to work for. Located in Portland, Maine, our company is one of New England's key employers offering:
* Local management
* Excellent compensation and benefits and
* Pride in the product you will represent
It's about more than milk -- it's our heartfelt pledge to people throughout New England to honor what Maine stands for -- by offering the purist, freshest, most delicious products, while standing up for what's right, for our customers, for farmers, and for the environment. All of our milk is sourced from local farms in Maine and our facilities meet the highest quality-control standards. We produce fresh wholesome milk and dairy products which are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
In 2014 Oakhurst was acquired by Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a national dairy farmer-owned cooperative. Oakhurst is a wholly owned subsidiary of DFA and continues to operate independently.
Oakhurst Dairy is seeking an Accounting Supervisor to be responsible for supervising and monitoring Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions. The successful individual will also perform journal entries and account reconciliations including bank statement reconciliation as well as assist the Plant Controller with month-end closing process. Responsibilities will also include maintaining several key operating metrics.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Posts journal entries to the general ledger which includes payroll entries, standard journal entries and intercompany entries.
- Assists with A/P and ensures timely submission of documentations and payments.
- Serves as backup to A/P when needed.
- Closely supervises the A/R process and ensures all critical task (such as payment application) is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Serves as backup to A/R staff as needed.
- Maintains the AR aging report and monitors all past due accounts with the ongoing goal of bringing past due accounts within terms.
- Ensures and maintains tight controls on driver deposits (from start to finish). The Accounting Supervisor will also be responsible for truck audits protocol.
- Maintains a detailed procedure document for all AP and AR tasks.
- Assists Controller with meeting numerous reporting deadlines.
- Exhibits the values and ethics of Dairy Farmers of America (DFA) through honesty, discretion, and sound judgment
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the Accounting Supervisor and is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and company computer systems, specifically Excel and Microsoft Dynamics or equivalent accounting software
- Skill in proficient computer usage
- Skill in leadership and coaching
- Able to complete basic arithmetic in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Able to work in collaboration effectively and foster good teamwork
- Able to take appropriate steps to find solutions to problems
- Able to present options and ideas to current processes or procedures
- Able to handle challenging or conflict situations with tact and professionalism
- Able to promote a team environment
- Able to multi-task and problem solve
- Able to communicate with various levels of personnel to ensure customers' needs and requirements are met
- Able to respond courteously and efficiently to inquiries, complaints, and requests
- Able to interpret and apply company policies
- Able to adapt and manage to change effectively
Minimum Requirements: Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
Some of the benefits that our full-time employees enjoy include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with employer contributions
- Paid Life Insurance
- 8 paid holidays plus personal time
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time
- Educational reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness membership reimbursement
Please submit your resume online. If you have questions about the position or would like to speak to someone at Oakhurst prior to submitting your application, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-772-7468.