Accounts Receivable/Sales Auditor
Accounts Receivable/Sales Auditor
Position: Accounts Receivable/Sales Auditor
Location: Portland, ME
Employment Type: Full-time
Wage/Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Join Oakhurst Dairy's exciting and growing team!
It's time to join New England's foremost dairy company with a 96-year history of leadership in the industry. Delivering the "Natural Goodness of Maine" since 1921, Oakhurst Dairy is a company you can be proud to work for. Located in Portland, Maine, our company is one of New England's key employers offering:
* Local management
* Excellent compensation and benefits and
* Pride in the product you will represent
It's about more than milk -- it's our heartfelt pledge to people throughout New England to honor what Maine stands for -- by offering the purist, freshest, most delicious products, while standing up for what's right, for our customers, for farmers, and for the environment. All of our milk is sourced from local farms in Maine and our facilities meet the highest quality-control standards. We produce fresh wholesome milk and dairy products which are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
In 2014 Oakhurst was acquired by Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a national dairy farmer-owned cooperative. Oakhurst is a wholly owned subsidiary of DFA and continues to operate independently.
Oakhurst Dairy is recruiting for the following position: Accounts Receivable/Sales Auditor
Process and validate aspects of route deliveries including daily accounting, cash application, and reconciliation of customer accounts, truck inventory, and route settlement variances.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Interacts with route drivers including collection of route payments, end-of-day paperwork, invoice or inventory adjustments, and resolution of discrepancies.
* Reconciles cash received to route deposit documentation and preparation of daily deposit. Processes daily cash received and applies to customer accounts.
* Reconciles DSD/DEX/receiving documents daily and scans into our archive storage.
* Analyzes truck inventory and resolve route settlement variances.
* Performs audits of delivery vehicles, validation of inventory, and substantiation of damaged product.
* Compiles truck inventory discrepancy report for Warehouse Manager.
* Initiates communication with internal and external accounting personnel to resolve customer account issues and discrepancies.
* Responds to customer requests and/or inquiries.
* Performs weekly and monthly distribution of customer statements.
* Processes weekly manual billing for select accounts.
* Investigates balances due and performs collection calls on customer accounts.
* Keeps supervisor informed of activities that may require his/her attention.
* Serves as back-up for the Accounts Payable Specialist.
* The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- 1-3 years' experience in accounting or business environment preferred
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and ability to quickly learn and navigate in systems
- Ability to demonstrate professional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, organizational skills, initiative, and follow up
- Team player
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to research and resolve problems
High school diploma or equivalent plus college courses or Associate's Degree in Accounting preferred
Some of the benefits that our full-time employees enjoy include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with employer contributions
- Paid Life Insurance
- 8 paid holidays plus personal time
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time
- Educational reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness membership reimbursement
Please submit your resume online. If you have questions about the position or would like to speak to someone at Oakhurst prior to submitting your application, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-772-7468.