Fleet Services Coordinator
Fleet Services Coordinator
Position: Fleet Services Coordinator
Location: Portland, ME
Employment Type: Full-time
Wage/Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Join Oakhurst Dairy's exciting and growing team!
It's time to join New England's foremost dairy company with a 96-year history of leadership in the industry. Delivering the "Natural Goodness of Maine" since 1921, Oakhurst Dairy is a company you can be proud to work for. Located in Portland, Maine, our company is one of New England's key employers offering:
* Local management
* Excellent compensation and benefits and
* Pride in the product you will represent
It's about more than milk -- it's our heartfelt pledge to people throughout New England to honor what Maine stands for -- by offering the purist, freshest, most delicious products, while standing up for what's right, for our customers, for farmers, and for the environment. All of our milk is sourced from local farms in Maine and our facilities meet the highest quality-control standards. We produce fresh wholesome milk and dairy products which are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
In 2014 Oakhurst was acquired by Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a national dairy farmer-owned cooperative. Oakhurst is a wholly owned subsidiary of DFA and continues to operate independently.
Fleet Services Coordinator Opportunity
Manage and coordinate Oakhurst fleet activities. Develop and coordinate support initiatives and protocol for senior management including the design and creation of fleet systems/databases and processes and oversight of all elements related to compliance with federal and state regulations for transportation assets and workforce compliance. Independently monitor compliance within contracts and lease arrangements; identify and resolve exceptions directly with vendors. Provide project management coordination relating to transportation and systems improvement initiatives. Construct reporting protocol with supervisory personnel and present recommendations and results to senior management. Develop metrics and performance scorecards relating to transportation performance and initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage the systems and information that relate to transportation asset tracking (ownership, titling, licensing, registration, taxes, insurance, toll transponders, and lease billing).
* Coordinate vendor services and develop report analytics relating to vehicle asset and labor costs.
* Monitor compliance with state/federal mandates and proactively identify non-compliance by employees relating to hours of service and asset maintenance requirements.
* Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures; evaluate or recommend the initiation of the investigation procedures. Collaborate with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
* Provide reports on a regular basis and as directed or requested to keep management informed of the operation and progress regarding compliance and or systems (e.g., Key Performance Measures (KPI's) and Return on Investments). Assist in the analysis of these key reports and execute, as assigned, any action items deemed necessary.
* Update and maintain the fleet operations manual.
* Independently perform random audits of HOS paper, electronic logs, and maintenance records to ensure DOT compliance. Develop confidential statistical results and reporting for senior management.
* Develop and maintain employee and departmental scorecards that highlight safety performance and efficiency metrics. Highlight employee and equipment exceptions related to excessive cost.
* Manage all vehicle accident reports by securing accurate and complete reports from employees, supervision, and other agencies as required. Direct communication with property owners, insurance companies, law enforcement, and DFA corporate to minimize the company's exposure to liability and cost.
* Assist with developing safety content that is shared monthly with all transportation employees.
* Develop and execute training to various classifications of employees to develop the highest degree of proper reporting relating to federal and state reporting (inspections, maintenance record-keeping, and HOS).
* Collaborate with Human Resources in regards to coordinating onboarding of new drivers to ensure federal and state licensing requirements are met, confidential driver qualification files are complete, and new employee reviews are executed in a timely manner.
* Develop, manage, and update fleet system(s) for annual driver refresher training programs, drills, audits; and update DOT compliance scorecards regularly.
* Function as a key point of contact for fleet-related systems to ensure systems are working accurately and effectively. Make recommendations to implement additional systems or system modifications to accommodate new or existing business needs.
* Lead other transportation and logistics projects as required.
* Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
- Knowledge of transportation best practices including regulatory and compliance requirements
- Strong working knowledge of DOT/Licensing regulations and Federal Motor Carrier requirements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to learn new computer software
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Skill in organization and prioritization
- Understanding of vehicle licensing, registration and fuel reporting
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Exceptional ethical standards and work ethic
- Knowledge utilizing enterprise fleet maintenance software systems
High School Diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of transportation management, logistics, or relevant experience or a Bachelor's degree in business, transportation management, or a logistics related field.
Some of the benefits that our full-time employees enjoy include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with employer contributions
- Paid Life Insurance
- 8 paid holidays plus personal time
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time
- Educational reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness membership reimbursement
Please submit your resume online. If you have questions about the position or would like to speak to someone at Oakhurst prior to submitting your application, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-772-7468.