Local Drop/Hook Trailer Driver
Local Drop/Hook Trailer Driver
Position: Local Drop/Hook Trailer Driver
Location: Portland, ME
Employment Type: Full-time
Wage/Salary: Based Upon Experience
Join Oakhurst Dairy's exciting and growing team!
It's time to join New England's foremost dairy company with a 96-year history of leadership in the industry. Delivering the "Natural Goodness of Maine" since 1921, Oakhurst Dairy is a company you can be proud to work for. Located in Portland, Maine, our company is one of New England's key employers offering:
* Local management
* Excellent compensation and benefits and
* Pride in the product you will represent
It's about more than milk -- it's our heartfelt pledge to people throughout New England to honor what Maine stands for -- by offering the purist, freshest, most delicious products, while standing up for what's right, for our customers, for farmers, and for the environment. All of our milk is sourced from local farms in Maine and our facilities meet the highest quality-control standards. We produce fresh wholesome milk and dairy products which are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
In 2014 Oakhurst was acquired by Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a national dairy farmer-owned cooperative. Oakhurst is a wholly owned subsidiary of DFA and continues to operate independently.
$2500 Sign-on Bonus
Oakhurst has immediate openings for Class A Commercial Drivers to operate vehicles within our inter-company network of feeders to primarily our satellite locations in Hooksett, NH, Waterville, ME and Bangor ME. All trips depart and return to Portland, ME each day.
These positions are a great fit for new CDL drivers as many routes are north of Portland and service depots with very large yards. Most shifts operate beginning mid-afternoon through midnight during our loading operations. Some shifts can be configured for a 4-day work week schedule if desired.
Great pay and benefits including medical, dental and vision, HSA & FSA, life insurance, 401K, vacation, personal and sick time, STD & LTD, tuition reimbursement and EAP.
Applicants should have the following:
- Class A Commercial Driver's License
- Excellent driving record
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work collectively with a team of other drivers
- Ability to operate a handheld computer device to log IRP and payload data
- Desire to achieve effective arrival/turn-around trip metrics
- Willingness to fill-in with other assignments as required to cover employee time-off
High school diploma or GED required.
Some of the benefits that our full-time employees enjoy include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with employer contributions
- Paid Life Insurance
- 8 paid holidays plus personal time
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time
- Educational reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness membership reimbursement
Please submit your resume online. If you have questions about the position or would like to speak to someone at Oakhurst prior to submitting your application, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-772-7468.