CDL Route Sales Driver, 4-Day Work Week
CDL Route Sales Driver, 4-Day Work Week
Position: CDL Route Sales Driver, 4-Day Work Week
Location: Waterville, ME
Employment Type: Full-time
Join Oakhurst Dairy's exciting and growing team!
It's time to join New England's foremost dairy company with a 96-year history of leadership in the industry. Delivering the "Natural Goodness of Maine" since 1921, Oakhurst Dairy is a company you can be proud to work for. Located in Portland, Maine, our company is one of New England's key employers offering:
* Local management
* Excellent compensation and benefits and
* Pride in the product you will represent
It's about more than milk -- it's our heartfelt pledge to people throughout New England to honor what Maine stands for -- by offering the purist, freshest, most delicious products, while standing up for what's right, for our customers, for farmers, and for the environment. All of our milk is sourced from local farms in Maine and our facilities meet the highest quality-control standards. We produce fresh wholesome milk and dairy products which are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
In 2014 Oakhurst was acquired by Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a national dairy farmer-owned cooperative. Oakhurst is a wholly owned subsidiary of DFA and continues to operate independently.
Itís time to join New Englandís leading dairy company with a 92-year history of being the best in the business. Oakhurst has full-time Class A and B driving opportunities available. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of delivery/driving experience.
Our drivers are our salesmen and interact with our customers on a regular basis to ensure they have the products they need. Candidates must have good interpersonal skills, be well spoken, courteous and able to provide outstanding service to our customers. Best of all, youíll be home every night and have an extra day off to enjoy family time and activities.
Shifts begin early AM (4:00am or after) to beat the traffic and are structured for a 4-day work week. This is a brand new shift that will be expanded throughout our route delivery model in early 2016. Although delivery work can be a challenging profession, Oakhurst is meeting this challenge with new routing tools, technology and the necessary equipment to help our workforce to work smarter and be more productive.
As an Oakhurst route sales driver, you will join a team of some of the best truck drivers and route salesman in the northeast. Our average driver has over 8 yearsí experience and a handful have been with us for over 20 years! We are restructuring our delivery operations company-wide with new additions to our management team, fleet and delivery model. Come get behind the wheel of an Oakhurst truck and be part of a strong team of hard-working, safe and skilled sales and CDL operators.
- Prior driver/delivery experience is considered a plus, but not a requirement.
- Class A or B Commercial Driver License
- Positive driving record
- Ability to start early AM and adapt to customer needs and required schedules
- Maintain a current DOT medical card
- Develop proficiency with a handheld computer device
- Consistently perform thorough pre/post-trip vehicle inspections
- Operate in accordance with DOT Regulations Physical Demands
- Safe loading and unloading of product using truck lifts, dollies and two-wheeled hand trucks
- Ability to lift 55 pounds
- Tolerate cold/damp environment 35 Ė 40 F (Rear of truck and customerís coolers)
- Work and operate a vehicle in all weather conditions
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors frequently throughout a shift: Standing walking, climbing up and down, reaching horizontally, reaching above the shoulder, reaching below the waist, grasping firmly, pushing buttons, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling and pushing. ,
High school diploma or GED required.
Some of the benefits that our full-time employees enjoy include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with employer contributions
- Paid Life Insurance
- 8 paid holidays plus personal time
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time
- Educational reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness membership reimbursement
Please submit your resume online. If you have questions about the position or would like to speak to someone at Oakhurst prior to submitting your application, you may email email@example.com or call 207-772-7468.